Joan Valentine Foundation will provide educational and informative services to the general public about holistic, alternative and integrative medicine
- A partnership between patient and practitioner in the healing process.
Appropriate use of conventional and alternative methods to facilitate the body’s innate healing response.
- Consideration of all factors that influence health, wellness and disease, including mind, spirit and community as well as body.
- A philosophy that neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts alternative medicine uncritically.
- Recognition that good medicine should be based in good science, inquiry driven and open to new paradigms.
- Use of natural, less invasive interventions whenever possible.
- The broader concepts of promotion of health and the prevention of illness as well as the treatment of disease.